Our Farms & Farmers
Good Natured Family Farms provides a complete line of top quality local food from over 100 producers in the Kansas City area. Our producers are small family farms and, therefore, the best possible stewards of the land. All producers agree to adhere to the National "Buy Fresh Buy Local" criteria listed below. All of our producers take Food Safety seriously and many are USDA GAP certified.
Buy Fresh Buy Local Criteria:
- Products are grown within a 200-mile radius of the Kansas City Metro area on small family size farms, using environmentally sustainable methods with the minimal use of pesticides. Foods not locally available are sourced as close to Kansas City as possible.
- Animals are raised free-range without the use of growth hormones and sub-therapeutic antibiotics.
- No genetically modified seed varieties or livestock breeds are used.
- Any processing is done locally, using traditional handcrafted artisan methods with no, or minimal, use of artificial ingredients or preservatives. The main ingredient must be locally grown or produced.
- Only breeds and varieties best suited to produce the highest quality products for the Kansas City Metro area are used.
- Items are sold only at locally owned and operated markets to help stimulate and support local and rural economies.